- Avoid excessive use of deodorants and perfumes products containing alcohol. This may further lead to discoloration and darkening of armpit. If you do apply wash your armpits before bed or when you are at home. If possible use alcohol free deodorants.
- Avoid tight clothing as your skin may get irritated due to friction which further leads to darkening. Avoid polyester or synthetic clothing, wear loose cotton clothing instead.
- Excessive weight or obesity might cause friction within the skin around armpits which will further results in dark armpits and another condition called Acanthosis Nigricans . So try to loose weight as much as possible.
- Maintain your hygiene. Clean and exfoliate your armpits on regular basis. This will help to remove the impurities and dead skin cells which cause your skin look dark.
There are several home remedies suggested by experts which might help to get rid of dark armpits. If you follow these tips on regular basis you may be free from dark armpits.
- Rub your armpits with a slice of lemon on regular basis. Remember, lemon may dry out your skin so use one of your favorite moisturizer on your armpits. This will help maintain the moisture while softening and lightening your armpits.
- Make a paste using a pinch of turmeric powder, a tsp of cucumber juice and a tsp of lime juice and apply the paste. Leave the paste for around 20-30 minutes then rinse.
- Make a mixture of lime juice and plain yogurt and apply it to your skin. Leave the mixture for around 20-25 minutes then rinse.
- Make a paste using sandalwood powder and rose water. Then apply the paste to your armpits. When the paste dries out, rinse thoroughly.
- You can also make a paste using dried orange peel powder and yogurt and apply over the dark underarms. This will also help remove black armpits.
- Potato is also considered as having natural bleaching properties. You can use potato juice over your underarms to lighten it.
- Baking soda is also thought to be one of the remedies for dark underarms. You can gently massage the darkened area with baking soda on regular basis.**
**tips courtesy of http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skincare/how-to-get-rid-of-dark-armpits
So if you ever find yourself ashamed to wear sleeveless clothing because of stupid dark armpits just follow these helpful tips and you should be good to go in no time :)